Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Well Baby Check!

Well, still no word on Cindy's Emmigration Permit. But, we did get a new medical report today! She had her last check-up on February 19. She has grown a lot since her checkup a month ago. She is now 15 pounds and is 26 3/4 inches tall. The physical therapy seems to be helping because they now list her as rolling over. Hurray! She's also reported as "circling", so she's at least thinking about crawling.

Because of her delay in gross motor skills, she is listed as 6 months developmentally. She'll be 8 months on Saturday. But, her fine motor skills, social skills, and langauge skills are all right on target for her age. She is already saying "Omma" & "Appa" (mommy & daddy in Korean). Unfortunately, they did note that she is very shy around strangers. So I have a feeling that it could take several weeks, if not months, for us to see the "real" Cindy after she's home. I don't know how long it will take for her to be comfortable with us and to let her personality truly shine.

Getting updates like these are bittersweet. It's so wonderful to have some news on her and to know that she is 'real', but it's also hard to realize that she is growing and changing without us. I feel like I've missed out on so much of her life already. Please pray that her EP is granted quickly and she can be home by mid-March!

In other news, we are a household of sickies right now. Kaden and I have both had fevers. He has a lot of congestion in his chest and mine is sinus related. So, we are both taking medications and feeling "icky". Kaden woke up several times last night coughing terribly and crying for us. He didn't nap well today either, so I really hope he gets over this quickly. The poor little guy is miserable and tired.

Also, please pray for Dad. He will be having a biopsy on a suspicious spot on his lungs on Monday. We are fairly confident that this is simply a benign mass of scar tissue from his last bout with pnemonia, but there is always the chance that it is something more. So we are praying that the biopsy confirms it is benign and not malignant. He will also be having surgery for a hernia soon and will have to postpone his knee surgery to another date.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Cindy is doing great!!I know what you mean they are good and hard to get all at the same time. Check my blog for nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds great. I know you can't wait to have her home. I know I am reay to have our son home.

    ReplyDelete