Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time Marches On

It's crazy how slowly the wait from referral to homecoming goes, but then how quickly time passes once your baby is home. I can't believe that in just 2 days, Cindy will have been in our arms for 3 whole weeks. She'll also be 11 months old. It's crazy!

Things are in full summertime swing here. Both kids really enjoy going outdoors these days, but poor Mommy is sick with a bad cold and/or allergies. I haven't completely figured out what it is yet, but it's miserable. I still try to get out and let them enjoy the sunshine, but it isn't always very fun for me.

Cindy is doing well, but has decided to follow in her brother's footsteps. The first week she was home, she slept 12 hours or more each night. We were in heaven. Then week 2 she started getting up around 6:15. While this was a drastic change, it wasn't too bad since Kaden is up at that time as well.

But, we are now on week 3 and Cindy has been up between 4:00 and 5:00 each morning. (That was Kaden's preferred rising time at this age too.) It takes a bottle and a lot of rocking to get her back to sleep, and even then, she only sleeps about another hour. Needless to say, Ryan and I are both exhausted. You would think with so little sleep that Cindy would then take a good nap. But, unfortunately, she just takes a 15 minute "power nap" in the morning and then sleeps 1 hour in the afternoon. So I can't catch a break!

Cindy also keeps us on our toes. I have to vacuum every single day. She will find the tiniest speck of ANYTHING and put it in her mouth. YUCK! She is also "army crawling" all over the place and getting into everything. She's figured out how to pull herself up on furniture (and us) and likes to stand as much as possible. So, I don't think it will be long before she tries walking and then she'll really be a girl on the go!

Kaden is slowly adjusting to big brotherhood. He still has some rough times with sharing and not getting to do what he wants, when he wants. But we're getting there. Hopefully once I'm feeling better and we get Cindy's sleep issues resolved, we can get on a set schedule. Kaden really thrives with routine. He likes to know what to expect and when. So do I!

2 comments:

  1. Has it really been that long already??? Time does go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 11 Months!!! She is too cute and so smart learning all that new stuff!

    ReplyDelete