Monday, May 04, 2009

New Medical Stats!

The last information we had on Cindy was from March 26. So, I wasn't really sure what to expect when we meet her on Thursday. Well, we got a new report today! She saw the doctor for a "Well Baby Check" on April 23.

At that time she was measured at 28 1/8 inches tall and weighing only 15 lbs., 14 oz. What a peanut! I think she'll be in 6-9 month clothes for awhile because of her weight, but she is technically tall enough for 12 month clothing. It's a good thing it's almost summer. We won't have to worry about any highwater jeans and she can wear both her 6-9 month and 12 month dresses. Fun!

They said she is finally getting teeth. Her bottom two front teeth are coming in. I guess we need to make sure we have plenty of teething gel, drool bibs, and teething rings on hand! I was a little confused by the doctor's notes next to the teething information. It says "Lt TM (yellow TM)". Does anyone know what TM could stand for in regards to teeth? I'm wondering if they mean her teeth are yellowed?

The report also said that the poor girl struggles with constipation, having only one BM in 3 days. Poor thing. They said her oral intake (forumla consumption) is good, and she drinks 7 oz. every 4 hours. But, it didn't say anything about solid foods. So, I'm hoping we can get her to eat cereals, baby foods, and yogurt, and her get to feeling better.

The report also indicates that she is "creeping" but not all out crawling yet. She does not pull her up yet either. She does sit on her own, but not for very long. So, they still have her assessed at 2 months delayed. We'll get her evaluated once she's been home awhile. She's also babbling a lot and saying the Korean words for Mommy and Daddy. They call her a "Mommy's girl", so the attachment could be pretty tough as she'll be grieving for her Foster Mother. I hope she'll eventually accept me as her mother. Kaden and I still sometimes have issues with that. :(

I am getting very anxious now! I can't wait to be on the road and headed to the airport! Luckily, this past week (since the phone call), has gone very quickly so I'm hoping that today and tomorrow fly by. I'll be sure to post pictures and update the blog as soon as I can on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Soooooo excited for your family!! Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is May 5th.. 2 days and you meet your baby girl. Wahooo... so happy for you.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo excited for you!!! I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about her accepting you as a Mom she will. My kids are biological and can't always seem to accept my wisdom as a mother either!!! Don't beat yourself up. She is coming into a wonderful home and I am soooo excited for you guys.

    I can't wait to see your first photos of her homecoming!! You have waited so long. God bless and a safe trip to Denver!!

    ReplyDelete