We got Mushu in December of 2001. She was always a fiesty little cat. She amazed us right away with her loving personality and dog-like tendancies. She was always carrying things off in her mouth and hiding them. She also loved to play fetch. I've never known another cat to retrieve an object and bring it back to you. I was really looking forward to spring so I could teach Kaden how to throw her favorite stuffed fish to her. He would have had a great time playing with her and she would have loved it too. Now, Kaden will probably not even rememer her.
I am just so disappointed that whoever hit her didn't have the courage to stop, knock on the door, and let us know what had happened. If we had gotten her to the vet in time, maybe she would still be alive. It's like losing a child. Mushu got me through a lot of rough times when we were trying to start a family. I cried into her fur more than once when a pregnancy test came up negative. I will always remember her and I miss her so much already.
I'll eventually get around to making a scrapbook page of her, but I just can't do it quite yet. In the meantime, here are some photos of her. Rest in peace Mushu. You are loved.






I'm so sad for you.
ReplyDeleteI also lost my cat (well she lived at my parent's but she still was my cat for 15 years) 2 years ago (15 days before Ethan was born).
The difference is that mine was just old. But I was very sad too. So I perfectly understand your feelings.
I am so sorry to hear about Mushu! I know how you feel, it's been 4 months since Gadget passed - and it's still awful. Tricia, I am saddened to know that somebody hit her and left. How wonderful that Nabu carried her. Do not feel guilty. G-d has his timing - I know she was one of your kids, I get it. I am so so sad and RIP sweet Mushu. Email if you want/need to talk.
ReplyDeletemy dear friend, I am so sorry!
Tricia, so very sorry about the loss of your kitty! Amazing that your second kitty got her back home :( I'm a total cat lover and know how it feels to lose a best friend....You will see her again someday on the other side of that amazing Rainbow Bridge!
ReplyDelete