Saturday, July 10, 2010

The 4th of July

Yes, the 4th was almost a week ago and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it! My sister and her family moved to Kansas City over the holiday weekend. Unfortunately, Ryan was on call, so we could not go and help. So that left just our immediate family alone for the 4th.

We had a laid back, pretty boring weekend. It rained off and on pretty much the whole time. We had planned to BBQ after church, but ended up just broiling our chicken in the house. It was yummy though!

That evening we went ahead and put the kids to bed at the normal time so they could basically "nap" until time for fireworks. Cindy couldn't figure out what was going on when we woke her up at 9:00! We loaded up the van and went and parked in the library parking lot to watch the group that had gathered with their fireworks in the old West Hall lot across the street.

Since it was still raining, we just opened up the van hatch and sat in the van. We had to wait awhile for the rain to stop, but then we got a great show! Cindy wasn't sure what to think of it at first. She clung onto me for dear life. But after she woke up a bit more and saw how much her brother was enjoying it, she had a great time. I love the expression on her face in this picture:


Here's Kaden and I enjoying the show:


And here's a cute picture of the kids from earlier in the day:


Hope everyone had a great holiday! I'll be back in a bit to post some scrapbook pages I've been working on lately. I haven't posted my pages in a long time!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics...love the look on Cindy's face!

    ReplyDelete