Friday, October 02, 2009

It's October!

September seemed both long and short at the same time. How is that possible? It seems like forever ago that we went to Branson, yet I can't believe it's October already. Quite the paradox!

On October 7, Cindy will have been home 5 months. We'll hit the 1/2 year mark before we know it. I can definitely tell that she is attached and accustom to her surroundings now. Sometimes I wonder if she still remembers Korea. I'm having a hard time remembering life before her, so does she remember life before us? Hmmm....

Anyway, she is growing and changing, that's for sure. She's walking all over the place now and is quite proud of it! The only time she wants us to hold her hands to walk is when she wants to take us someplace. It's her way of "dragging" us to the desired location! We are still trying to figure out a good schedule for her. She goes back and forth between taking a morning nap or an afternoon nap, but I suspect teething has a lot to do with that. On the days her teeth don't hurt, she is a very happy little girl. Now if we could just get her to understand the word "no", we'd be doing great! LOL!

Here's a video clip of her walking. Kaden wanted to be in the video too apparently!



Kaden had a rough patch there for awhile, but we've discovered a new discipline technique that is working very well. Much like the Sportacus phase, I have a feeling this won't last, but we're going to run with it as long as we can. He was getting really bad at talking back, being rude, not sharing, not doing what he was asked, etc. So we explained that if his tongue was going to keep getting him in trouble by saying bad things, then it needed to be cleaned to make it say good things! Anytime he starts acting up, all I have to say is, "Should I grab the bar of soap?" That's all it takes. We have not actually had to use the soap yet. Just the thought of having to lick it straightens him up in a heartbeat! The bar of Dial sits in a prominent spot where he can see it and be reminded to think before he speaks/acts. Let's hope this lasts!

Kaden is also really enjoying Pioneer Clubs this year. He needed the social interaction, so we are so glad that he was allowed to attend even though he's *technically* not old enough yet. He is doing a great job learning his memory verses. Here's his first one:



The next few weekends will be busy with the college auction, birthday parties, a visit to the pumpkin patch, and our final post-placement visit. Before we know it, the kids will be dressing up in their costumes for Halloween, and then it will be November! Time certainly flies these days!

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly--you are so right about that. Your kids are both adorable as ever. I happen to love the soap idea--wish more parents would try teaching their kids to be polite.

    ReplyDelete