Monday, April 06, 2009

New medical information

Well, we still don't know anything about the elusive "Class B Waiver", but we did get a medical report on Cindy today. It has me a bit confused. Her neurologist's appointment done on March 18 indicated that she was crawling, sitting up, and developmentally caught up enough to not merit further neurology visits. However, this doctor's report, done March 26, states that she is circling as opposed to crawling and can only sit unassisted for short periods of time. They consider her to be 2 months delayed.

So, now I'm wondering if she will still need physical therapy. I'm also wondering if this means that she will definitely need the medical waiver. I guess only time will tell. I'd also appreciate your prayers for our little peanut. She has not gained any weight since her February appointment. She is still a very tiny 15 lbs. That's really small for a 9 month old who is 27 1/2 inches tall! Also, her last 2 reports have indicated she is very shy and wary of strangers. Since that is what we will be to her at first, it could be a very rough transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment