Friday, May 16, 2008

Some New Kaden Funnies!

Kaden loves to talk on the phone. Ryan often calls to from work to let me know he'll be late. Kaden points at the phone and says "Daddy, Daddy!" until I let him talk to him. Then even after he's done, he'll try to grab the phone back while saying, "More Daddy." Repeatedly. Anyway, he and Ryan have a pretty routine "conversation" that they hold each time they talk on the phone:

R: "Are you having a fun day Kaden?"
K: "Uh huh."
R: "Have you been a good boy?"
K: "Uh huh."
R: "Obey Mommy."
K" "Okay."

There are sometimes slight varations, but that's the gist of it. So, a few days ago Ryan called to let me know he'd be late. Kaden begged for the phone as usual. As soon as he had it to his ear, before Ryan even said anything, Kaden exclaimed, "Obey Mommy!"

Kaden loves the two exchange students that Mom and Dad have been hosting this year. However, on occasion he has been a bit "cold" to Ye-In. He will sometimes refuse to hug her when asked and has even hit her before. So, we have often talked with him about being nice to Ye-In and not being rude.

Yesterday I was having "one of those days" and just needed a little while to myself. Ye-In graciously agreed to watch Kaden for a few hours after school. She picked him up on her way home and I was able to enjoy some peace and quiet. I picked him up around 4:30 and on the walk home we had the following conversation:

Me: "Did you have fun with Ye-In?"
K: "Yah. I nice to Ye Ye. No rude."

It was so cute in his toddler voice. It phoenetically sounded like, "I nigh to Ye Ye. No wude," as he shook his head!

The last one, if I haven't bored you enough already, happened this morning. We walked down to Grandma and Grandpa's house to make sure Ye-In was awake and give her a message. On the way, our cat Naboo followed us. On the way home, Naboo decided to take the lead. Kaden was chasing after him, hands in the air, cow backpack swaying as he bounced along, yelling, "Wait Boo. Wait Boo. Wait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment