Saturday, July 08, 2006

Still no legal documents

I just checked the mail in the hopes that there would be a package from Holt International. I'm assuming it comes through the U.S. Postal service and not FedEx, maybe I should check on that! Anyway, nothing in today's mail from Holt.

Let's keep praying that Kaden's legals come soon. The quicker we can file our I-600, the quicker Kaden can come home. In the meantime, we have plenty of things going on around here.

Today was our town's big Meteorite Festival. Ryan & I made a bean bag toss game for the kids' activities. It turned out really well. They plan to use it again. Then I sang this afternoon as part of the Festival's live entertainment. I sang "Crazy" by Patsy Cline, "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes, and "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" from Disney's Cinderella. I heard a rumor that a friend of Martina McBride's dad was in the auidience and that two of the other girls that sang have lined up auditions. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's not for me. I want nothing more than to be a wife and mother. That's my life-long dream!!!!

On Tuesday, Ryan and I will be on the road headed to the hospital at the awful hour of 5:30 a.m. He has to be there by 6:15 to do the necessary pre-operation routine. We aren't sure what time he'll actually "go under." This is an out-patient surgery, so we should be home in the afternoon if all goes well, which we're praying it does!

After a week of looking after Ryan, I will be busy helping out with "Walk To Emmaus." It is being held in Haviland and I volunteered to help run the behind-the-scenes operations. I didn't know until we held our first meeting just exactly what I had gotten myself into. Apparently we get up at 5:30 and don't go to bed until almost midnight each night. But, again, if I'm busy I'm happy. I'm ready for July to be over so we're closer to Kaden's homecoming!

Well, this is turning out to be a really long post. I will go ahead and call it good. Hopefully, when I post again, it will be on my OWN computer! We are planning to have internet installed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment