Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Story of Our Referral

this is an audio post - click to play


ETA: Unfortunately, Blogger's audio posts did not last. So, we've lost the story of our referral on recording. But, basically I came home after a long, hot day at work, pulled my hair out of a soggy bun, and laid down on the couch. I heard a strange sound in the distance. I finally realized it was my cell phone. Since we bought it specifically so I could be contacted anywhere, anytime, I KNEW it was our referral call! Sure enough, it was!

I couldn't hear Judy very well, so I just kept repeating, "Call our home number." A few minutes later, she called back. She said she was looking at a picture on her computer at that moment. There was no other information. We didn't know whether the baby was a boy or girl (though figured boy because of the long wait for a girl), birthdate, or any other information. All she had was an e-mail with a picture attached that said, "Referral for the Oren family."

I immediately called Ryan and told him to get out of the tractor and to Mom & Dad's house ASAP. I was itching to go to there house (no internet at ours) and see the photos, but knew I should wait for him. When we got there, Tim was on the computer. I screamed at him to get off and then thrust the camera in his hands so he could video our reaction seeing our baby for the first time. Unfortunately, he videotaped the computer screen instead of us, but you could hear the excitement in our voices.

We opened the e-mail and saw the cutest baby on the planet. We were over the moon. Then we waited another full hour before getting the information we'd been waiting for. It was a boy! and he was born May 10, 2006.

1 comment:

  1. By the way - we finished all the paperwork today - YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete